Just today, I confirmed that the awesome David Gervais will be helping with Approaching Infinity. He does amazing interface stuff.
He is well known in roguelike circles, and I almost always use his tiles. But not this time, I thought… Till he approached me on the AGK forum and wanted to help out.
How could I say no? And why would I?
He once helped me turn this:
And then we made this:
And now, he’s made this for Approaching Infinity:
I intend to keep the Oryx sprites, but David will also transition us over to his original art. So end users will have a tile choice! How awesome!
So the rest of today will be adapting the game to this new visual format, getting everything in the right place for 1024×768.
And here’s the last 2 days’ progress:
- improved pathfinding of player auto-move fixed pawnshop selling issue.
- introduced the jungle planet
- ordered a webcam for making a kickstarter movie. payed with amazon points!
- if you’re carrying too much cargo, you will drop some every move.
- added the ‘ruined city’ and ‘star temple’ algorithms!
- added the “Lunatic Disciple” monster to the star temples.
- added a locked treasure room and ‘key’ somewhere, guarnteed to be ‘complete-able’
- confirmed that David Gervais would be working on Approaching Infinity!
- added credit pickups and supply drop/pickup.