Dead Horizons was my seventh consecutive 7DRL success, and the most complex game I’ve done for the jam in years. But I also had help: the game is set in a world created by Matthew Ritter, and he also did the art, and the semi-procedural soundtrack was composed by Nick A. Day.
It’s a cover-based shooter with a sci-fi western feel. It’s also a true rogue-like 😉
It wasn’t until the final day that you could actually win or lose, but that first time that I started a game, died, and immediately played again, that was when I shouted in room:
- Take the Dowser’s Bible back to civilization
- Explore deserts, ghost towns, canyons, and strange underground caches
- Rich background story, slowly revealed
- Fight or avoid dust cats, slobots, and blood vultures
- Use a variety of unique weapon types
- Watch enemies run for cover when they see you!
- Dress yourself up in fancy western clothes
- Procedural soundtrack
- No leveling up…
Download “Dead Horizons 7DRL“